View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 11:41 PM   #44
haydnfan
Guru
haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 4, Oasis 2
Dreamcatcher is his worst. If you disagree then you either have not read it, or you are clinically insane.

If you don't like The Stand then you either don't like doorstops in general, or you don't like Stephen King (I'm not saying that it is a masterpiece but it one of his best novels).

I think that alot of his novels are hit and miss. My personal opinion is that his 70s novels are very good, his 80s novels are good, his 90s novels are okay, and then it kept going downhill until we reach Dreamcatcher, which was far beneath him, far beneath all published horror writers. And even beneath indie published authors that can't be bothered to even hire an editor. But then after Dreamcatcher King got better and better. I don't think that his recent novels are on par with his 70s output, but I think they are on par with his 80s output. Note: I have not finished the Dark Tower series yet.
haydnfan is offline   Reply With Quote