View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 09:28 AM   #24
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Lyle Jordan View Post
Not necessarily. Non-romance products that are marketed by suggesting attraction to the opposite sex by using their product do sell... witness most liquor, body products, makeup and clothing ads. Or try to convince me that women buy 3" heels because of their comfort and versatility.

I would still hold what I said was true, and that is the same market. If the INTENTION is sex related, then using sexy ads to market it works. If its not, then it tends to have a negative impact on sales. It is just common sense, and it is born out in studies. My point is that in the general case, that it is not true. It is actually a fairly narrow market in which it does.

I would say that every woman that I have asked about hellish shoes spoke more in terms of vanity then sex about them. So not sure that applies. I will never understand the desire to spend your life in the least possible comfort just to accomplish some "ideal" look. My wife wears sneakers, and because of that we can go hiking, bike riding, and so on. Much rather that in a woman then shoes like one coworker here wears that literally make her feet bleed!. Sheesh.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote