View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 11:58 AM   #3
Keroberos
Zealot
Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini (4GB), Nook Classic wi-fi, iPod Touch (Bluefire Reader)
Nah, I'd buy a reader now. I think ePUBv3 support will be somewhat of a chicken/egg scenario, few publishers will switch over until the majority of e-readers support it (no reason to go to the effort until it's really usable), and few e-reader manufacturers will make their current e-readers compatible with ePUBv3 until there's enough publishers using the spec (no need to spend the development money to support a spec that's not used). I don't think it will be until the next versions of e-reader hardware come out that we'll start seeing widespread support for ePUBv3. I doubt the e-reader manufacturers will want to add ePUBv3 capability to their current hardware--why spend development money on a device that will be discontinued in two years at most, plus it gives people a reason to buy a new e-reader when they come out (Buy our new one, it has ePubv3 support!). I don't really see battery life/screens getting much better so they have to have some hook to get you to upgrade.
Keroberos is offline   Reply With Quote