Thread: Touch New Nook freezing
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2011, 12:04 AM   #9
gakoontz
gakoontz began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Touch
Nook Touch freezing

Hello, all. Not to discourage those of you who also bought the 2nd gen. Nook, but I am on my 4th one trying to get one that is relatively bug-free.
The first one I bought June 8th, and had it for about 5 weeks. I had one incident of it freezing up that turning it completely off and then on again seemed to resolve, however, the battery was a lemon and after the initial charge, it wouldn't hold a charge much longer than a week even with the WiFi off all the time.
Nooks #2 and #3 I only had a 2-4 days max, due to the fact that the touch screen froze at least once, if not multiple times, every time I tried to use the reader. The side buttons for turning pages, and the nook button at the bottom of the screen, however, continued to still work. It didn't matter whether I was reading at home with the WiFi turned off, or at our local B&N store with the WiFi on, they just kept freezing. The 3 fixes of turning off, then on, de-registering the device and then re-registering it, or hard resetting those devices just didn't work.
B&N Customer Service replaced #1 with #2, my local store swapped out #2 and #3 with new devices from their shelves after the store manager became involved in trying to help find a fix for the freezing issues. The manager mentioned that she had heard about both of these issues, however, the fact that I've had so many of them is unusual with different devices. I just got #4 yesterday at my local B&N store, and so far, it hasn't froze yet (knock on wood!). I'll be keeping an eye on the battery usage in the days to come, but right now I'm tickled that it's still working and not needing reset all the time.
gakoontz is offline   Reply With Quote