View Single Post
Old 07-02-2011, 07:38 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldstrega View Post
downloaded calibre. watched video tutorial. tried to newsfetch the wall street journal. first try jumped to 187 degrees fahrenheit. nice. CPU was taxed 110 percent turned the fans up full bore. tried again. 165 degrees; CPU 110 percent.

immediately zapped the program but given its acclaim i thought i'd ask some questions.

does the news feature not work so well on the mac?
or is just the wall street journal a bad idea?

so far, calibre wins for app that drove my mac to the highest temperature ever witnessed on my imac.
I don't believe the MAC is under cooled. 165 (MAC's work in F?) is it just getting warmed up

MY PC is set to start throttling at 85C and shut down at 95C.

Run a BOINC project if you like to hear CPU fans SCREAM. All cores: 100%: all the time

Conversion is a CPU hog.
But it is doing a lot of work, beating those bytes into shape for your reader.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote