View Single Post
Old 02-26-2011, 07:09 AM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
I thought that was the point of swapping a comma with a semicolon. To make sure "Wittgenstein, Ludwig" is treated as one tag as "Wittgenstein; Ludwig".
"Wittgenstein; Ludwig" was never at risk.

The OP wants *one* tag containing all of "biography, philosophy, Wittgenstein; Ludwig'". Calibre cannot store a tag with internal commas, so calibre changes them to semicolons. I suppose it could just as easily change them to the word THERE_WAS_A_COMMA_HERE, but I suspect that would be less useful.

Last edited by chaley; 02-26-2011 at 09:45 AM.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote