View Single Post
Old 12-22-2007, 05:24 AM   #14
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
I guess the one big problem I have with these tools is that I've got to put Yet Another Stupid Scripting Tool onto my system just to get it to run. And ActivePerl costs *money*! What?!? I've got to pay money to a *THIRD* party in order to run your apps? Hunh-unh! If I'm going to pay money, it should go to you. I done paid enough money when I paid HP and Microsoft for my computer system. Been There, Done That, Ain't Gonna Do It Again!

So, as nice as your mobitools appear to be, I won't be using them until they are turned into true executable apps.
ActivePerl does not cost money. There are versions that cost money but the basic version is free. Unfortunately the webb site is a bit confusing and I understand why you did not find the free version. Here is a link

http://www.activestate.com/store/pro...5-08d58c2648ca

to a page where you can choose ActivePerl which is free.

But I totally undestand that having executables is much better and will try to fix that. But if you want to be able to do extensions yourself or help to find bugs you need the development environment.

On the other hand you install or have a lot of programs on your computer that works on non executable code so it should not be an issue. Why do you have a program to read books? Why is not each book an executable?
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote