View Single Post
Old 12-17-2007, 03:16 PM   #118
recycledelectron
Groupie
recycledelectron has learned how to read e-booksrecycledelectron has learned how to read e-booksrecycledelectron has learned how to read e-booksrecycledelectron has learned how to read e-booksrecycledelectron has learned how to read e-booksrecycledelectron has learned how to read e-booksrecycledelectron has learned how to read e-books

Device: Lifebook T5010
OK...I built my cradle, bought a tripod, set up some lights, and tried my copy of Abbyy FineReader 8.0. I've got a Samsung S630 (6.0MP point-&-shoot) camera.

I get good results except on the bottom 2 to 5 lines of text. They seem to curve / warp, even with glass on top, and Abbyy does not handle that well.

I tried Atiz's free software to correct distortion from photographed books, but it seems to only work with both pages in book mode. (I think you have to have used the S/W to know what I mean.) Also, the lines it draws around the page are often going to take the whole left page, and only half the right page. I can not adjust the right border of the right page. Has anyone else had this problem?

Andy (the anarchist)
recycledelectron is offline   Reply With Quote