View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 04:37 PM   #4
mornington
Connoisseur
mornington will become famous soon enoughmornington will become famous soon enoughmornington will become famous soon enoughmornington will become famous soon enoughmornington will become famous soon enoughmornington will become famous soon enoughmornington will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-650
Just a quick note on the singing-and-dancing script's miscellany-by-genre collections. Each one is defined in the script with rules which look like this:

createMiscellanyCollection("- Thrillers Miscellany",
"Thrillers",
"- Robert Ludlum|- Dexter (Jeff Lindsay)",
True,True,False)

This example is an instruction to create a collection called "- Thrillers Miscellany" which is to contain all books which are tagged "Thrillers" and which have not already been placed into either of the collections "- Robert Ludlum" or "- Dexter (Jeff Lindsay)" AND which have not previously been put into a by-author collection (the first "True") OR a by-tag collection (the second "True"). The "False" indicates that I don't care if the book's been put into a by-series collection (a True there would exclude any such books from this new collection as well).

Just thought I'd mention it, as there's no real explanatory comment in the script about these, particularly about the meaning of the three True/False values at the end of each definition (like I said, this expansion was something I wrote essentially as a bespoke script for my own use).
mornington is offline   Reply With Quote