View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 08:20 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryonica View Post
I am also hopelessly frustrated by geographical restrictions. First, they prevent me from buying books available on the other side of the pond. Right now I would want to buy Nick Bilton I live in the future and here's how it works, but it is not for sale on Amazon UK. Second, when a Kindle book is for sale on Amazon UK the price can be the double that of the same book on Amazon US. I want to buy the Kindle book by Clay Shirky Cognitive Suplus UK price: £15.99 US price: $ 12.99 = £8.35. I would be grateful for any suggestion as to how to bypass these restrictions. I am willing to pay for the books so why prevent me from buying them and from buying them where I want?
I shouldn't complain too loudly. It's more often the case that books are significantly cheaper on Amazon UK than Amazon.com, since we don't suffer from the "Agency Pricing" that's in force in the US. We gain far, far more than we lose.

Eg, "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" costs $6.64 for people in the US. For us in the UK it costs £2.68 (currently $4.16) and that's including 17.5% VAT (which, of course, the US price does not have).

Last edited by HarryT; 09-15-2010 at 08:24 AM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote