View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 07:38 AM   #14
3d0g
I make fjords.
3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: kobo 1 (retired), kobo 2, iPad, G2, Galaxy Tab 7+
Quote:
Originally Posted by steerpike View Post
Basically a PDF displays on a Kobo but is not able to be read. At full size, the print is tiny and zooming in and panning line by line with a 5 second delay would have my ereader thrown against the wall by page 3. Maybe there is a PDF out there somewhere that is the right size but I have yet to find one. A fail for the Kobo in my book.
PDF = Portable DOCUMENT Format. As documents are usually A4 / Letter sized, things are going to look tiny on a 6" screen. That's physics. The fact the kobo does PDF at all is a bonus. Many eReaders do not. Seek out EPUB content for a better eReading experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steerpike View Post
While I am in this mood, a few more disappointments are the limited battery life ( two weeks?), of sometimes 2 days. And a dead battery shows up by locking the display AND losing the place 400 pages in to a book - with no way other than page turns to get back to your place. A firmware upgrade is supposed to solve these issues but I have been on their Early Access program for a month now and no word at all.
Check your spam filter. The firmware upgrade has been released for all kobo distributions for quite some time. Here's the info directly from Whitcoull's site. With the 1.4 firmware, it's possible to get the advertised 8K page turns. I personally tested it.
3d0g is offline   Reply With Quote