View Single Post
Old 02-14-2017, 02:11 PM   #18
leday
Groupie
leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-700, Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauerhjb View Post
to: jhowell

Thank you, thank you, thank you for this information. I was ready to give up on my free books from Amazon for the future since I got "improved" version of KindleforPC automatically today. Your directions for uninstalling and re-installing KindleforPC are excellent and worked great for me. One thing I'd like to add. I had downloaded my books once this morning right after the upgrade installed. Then when I tried to download them with the older version of KindleforPC. I found that I needed to go to Amazon and in manage my content, set the books up for delivery again. Once I did that, presto, chango everything was back to normal. Thanks again for the timely help.
I also Thank you Thank you!! This worked great for me too. I was just starting to panic. One thing that worked for me though is the fact that I did not have to redownload all of my 173 books. Before I reinstalled the older version, I just renamed the My Kindle Content folder to My Kindle Content OLD. Installed the new (old) Kindle for PC, then deleted the empty My Kindle Content folder that it created, renamed My Kindle Content OLD back to My Kindle Content and when I launched the program,all my books were there.
leday is offline   Reply With Quote