View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 03:46 PM   #12
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
There is a lot of bias in these reviews because many of these people that do them don't read very much. They spend their days playing with apps and tons of hardware in and out. ALL of them have played with iPads, ALL of them use the iPad pretty much exclusively on a daily basis, with an iPhone as their main smartphone which never beats the other phones. They're all Apple fanboys.

And while it's ironic that I myself have 7 Macs in my house, two iPhones, and an iPod, among other Apple things and have been an Apple user pretty much all my life, I try not to compare my other devices with them because you flat out KNOW they can't.

I personally don't want an iPad and have no need for it though. Because, unlike what they say in reviews, it's the iPhone, but bigger and it costs twice as much.

The only thing that will really disappoint people is the fact that most apps, besides games, are pretty ugly on Android devices. That office suite that Amazon have pre-installed is pretty pathetic. It amazes me that we've come this far where Ubuntu is now beautiful, Windows has lost the start menu, and OS X is just WOW, yet people are still frustrated in designing apps that don't look like they were made for Windows 3.1/MS-DOS.
Angry Birds is pretty great. Hubby spends hours playing Drag Racing on his phone. I have to endure hearing it as I am trying to sleep. Yet I can't use a booklight?!?

Myself I only play Yahtz Me and Farkle. I agree Android has alot limitations when it comes to office apps. I use Google docs on my phone. Most apps are made for phones not tablets though there are some that are the opposite. I haven't tried the EA games but on the Market they don't have good reviews. So yeah the games on Android are kind of lame with the exception of a few. I do enjoy reading on it though, surfing on Opera and watching youtube tutorial videos.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote