View Single Post
Old 12-24-2018, 12:33 PM   #14
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by makue View Post
Hmm, ok thank you, youre explanation makes unfortunately sense.

I'm a bit reluctant to send the kindle back as I fear to receive a (refurbished) device w/ a recent firmware and hence w/o chance to jailbreak.

Is there a system command to look up how much is already damaged at the moment (# of bad blocks)?
The eMMC should be a new enough model to respond to SMART commands.
If not, then somewhere here I posted the utility to get similar information from eMMC devices that do not support SMART commands.
It will be an attachment to one of my posts, probably a thread starter. But that is all I can tell you. Too many years, too many posts.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote