View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 07:26 PM   #8
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinquent View Post
Yep, tried rtf, xml, word.doc, word.docx, html, html - filtered and OCR. nothing works except PDFtoEPUB, which makes the worst HTML I've ever seen.
Dilliquent - I think Jelby may have meant OCR'ing hard copies rather than OCR from inside Acrobat. I also found that if you open that "really bad" HTML from the Acrobat export in a browser you can copy from the display rather than the source to another program that exports it to cleaner HTML. i.e. I exported from Acrobat to HTML with CSS opened in Firefox copied from Firefox to InDesign and didn't get a paragraph character at the end of every line which you do with most of the exports from PDF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Grossman View Post
Dillinquent - I'm having a similar problem when I cut and past books in the word.doc format into Indesign to begin to create an epub. It leaves out all the italics and I have to style them all manually. Has anyone else run into this going from MS Word into Indesing? Thanks - Michael
Try importing the word doc rather than copy and paste. That might work.
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote