View Single Post
Old 07-31-2021, 08:09 AM   #2
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
You can get the demangled symbol names to know method argument types (beware of the "hidden" 'this' argument).

You're probably going to need to learn the basics of a dissasembler/decompiler to really get an idea however, especially for return types.

I believe geek1011 primarily uses "Hopper" (not free). My main tool of choice is Ghidra (open source). Both tools have their pros and cons. I believe Hopper has better dissasembly capabilities, whereas Ghidra tends to have better decompilation.

My workflow tends to be to look for the relevant class in Ghidra, go to the method I'm interested in, and use the decompilation as a guide to what the method arguments and return value is.

Note that decompilation is far from perfect, it's essentially an educated guess by the reversing tool in question. I've found it copes better with certain classes than others. If you have an idea on how Qt and C++ works, that can help you make educated guesses.

I'm afraid geek1011 is better at it than I am, but I can try to help where possible.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote