View Single Post
Old 04-12-2018, 05:50 PM   #376
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
I guess most of my griping about the price of an old series is that I almost certainly have them in DTB, so it's really hard to justify $7.99 each just to get them in e-book. And many of these books, I also probably have a PDF that I have scanned in, so even harder to justify the price just to get a nicer e-book version. So for me, I'm happy to see the e-book, but frustrated that it's not priced reasonably enough for me to get it.

And I'm not even sure it's good for the publisher...

If these were priced at $2.99 or $3.99, I'd end up buying them all over time. At $1.99 each, I'd probably buy them all at once. But at $7.99, I will never buy them, so they'll get nothing from me.

Maybe there are enough people who don't have in DTB, or are willing to pay that sort of price for "upgrade" to e-book, so that $7.99 on the demand curve maximizes profit for the publisher, but I just have a tough time believing it...

I feel very similarly. I recently, as in yesterday, discovered that an author a friend got me interested in a while back has some of her backlist out as ebook now. They are priced at either $8.99 or $7.99, forget which, but it's just too much, as I have the paper books on the shelf. At $2.99 or even $3.99, I'd be much more likely to go for the ebooks.

Now, if the ebooks had the same covers and illustrations, which in many cases, there is really no reason they shouldn't have them since the author illustrated a goodly number of her own books, I'd be saving for them and happy to do so. But most are showing generic type covers, and no indication they contain illustrations, so, no. You want my dime, give me the artwork.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote