View Single Post
Old 07-19-2015, 08:05 PM   #34
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
EasyApkDisassembler worked fine. I changed the icon.png files in res with the egocentric one I use here. It was handy and easy to scale to all the sizes.

I (first shortened the name) then disassembled a copy of the .apk download file, and used Gimp2 to scale the "me" .png (renamed to icon.png) to the size of the largest icon.png and exported it to replace the existing icon.png. I did the same for all the icon.png files, going from large to small. Once they were all changed in the disassembled apk, I opened the downloaded .apk (with the shorter name) with WinRAR and replaced the icon.png files with the appropriate ones from the disassembled apk. Then I just used option 4 of the disassembler to sign the .apk. It installed fine on my TF-101 tablet and uses the icons I replaced.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote