View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 07:34 PM   #7
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeSue View Post
Hello,

I realize this is an old thread, but if you are still looking for an iFlow replacement, you might want to check out Tomes. I have a review on my website if you want to learn more about it from a former iFlow user.
http://www.geekintheforest.com/tomes-review/
Excellent review, Sue. I've also had Tomes (and before that, Bookshelf, and before that...it was called something else when you could only get it on Installer) but for some reason never registered that you could directly access the calibre server. Thats a big positive for me.

The only negative for me is that theres no side to side page turning. its auto scrolling, or manual scrolling. and I prefer side to side. There used to be I was sure, in its very early incarnations.

I'm just trying to make a switch to iBooks. Calibre talking to iTunes is a good thing.

uBooks is another that does autoscrolling. theres a lite version for free so you can try it out. again, no option for side to side so I wont pay to lose the ads or get extra features. It has a built in web server so you can upload direct via browser or ftp, or you can sideload through itunes. No talking to calibre, unless you have your catalog online somewhere. uBooks is very nicely presented though so worth a look if you like the scrolling thing.

Last edited by kyteflyer; 11-06-2012 at 07:55 PM.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote