View Single Post
Old 12-02-2022, 12:03 PM   #2
hildea
Wizard
hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux (had Onyx Boox Poke 3 and BeBook Neo earlier)
I liked Katherine Addison: "The Angel of the Crows" a lot. It's a supernatural retelling, where various supernatural beings are known to exist, and the Lancet has articles about the comparative pathology of werewolf bites and vampire bites. The events are mostly close to the originals (so no big surprises there when you've read the originals), but how the world works is a puzzle that unfolds gradually.

I also liked "A Study in Honor" by Claire O'Dell, but in that book, I felt the Sherlock Holmes inspiration didn't really fit, and the book would have worked better on its own terms if the protagonists hadn't been named Holmes and Watson.
hildea is offline   Reply With Quote