View Single Post
Old 01-22-2018, 03:42 PM   #64
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Definitely, and the point I was trying to make earlier in this thread. Yes, there's some paternalism here, and certainly some racism/anti-semitism. But no more than we have today, even if today's is less recognized by our current eyes. Can we honestly say that Muslims are treated any better in the current political climate than the unquestionably nasty treatment of Jews in Whose Body? Does a change in religion make the one more acceptable than the other?
I know things today are not as good as they should be. But, I don't care for reading about racism/anti-semitism in books were I don't feel it's appropriate.

Passing which is the current book club book, I expect there to be some racism and it most likely won't bother me given the time period and the subject of the book. Whose Body? bothered me because it doesn't belong.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote