View Single Post
Old 06-04-2014, 10:23 AM   #32
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
Actually my nine-year-old just read her first Nancy Drew and she LOVED it! But I was shocked when I read the back cover copy, it was a cyber-mystery! They still publish new ones, did you you know that??

My daughter loved a book called "Abby Carnelia's One and Only Magical Power" by David Pogue (yes, THAT David Pogue, the technology writer). It's little-known but hysterical. Age 8 or so.

She will read anything by Roald Dahl, also a lot of humor (in fact, he even has a quote in one of his books, something along the lines of, "what good is a children's book if it isn't funny?").

She is up to the fourth Harry Potter but will probably stop there for a while.

She was enthralled with the Westing Game by Ellen Raskin. I think that's for kids a little bit older than 9, she and I read it together.

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote