View Single Post
Old 12-08-2013, 07:31 AM   #10
Istvan diVega
Inharmonious
Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
Can't do it. Get caught in an infinite loop going "that one, and that one, no, no, not that one".
Same here. However, I can maybe do a "Top Ten books right at this moment", with the provisio that a) I get to include whole series and that b) the selection will likely be slightly different in a couple of hours and significantly so by tomorrow.

J.R.R. Tolkien: The Lord of the Rings

Fyodor Mikhailovich Dostoyevsky: The Brothers Karamasov
Steven Erikson: Malazan Book of the Fallen
Alexandre Dumas père: The Three Musketeers & The Count of Monte Cristo
Steven pressfield: Gates of Fire
Joseph Conrad: Nostromo
Mary Gentle: Ash
Jonathan Swift: Gulliver's Travels
Kenneth Grahame: The Wind in the Willows
Stephen Donaldson: The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant, the Unbeliever
Umberto Eco: The Name of the Rose & Focault's Pendulum
Ernest Hemingway: For Whom the Bell Tolls & The Old Man and the Sea
Guy Gavriel Kay: pretty much everything
Nikolai Vasilievich Gogol: Dead Souls
Iain M. Banks: every Culture novel and most others
Charles Dickens: pretty much everything
Michael Moorcock: every Eternal Champion novel
Miguel de Cervantes: Don Quixote
Ken Kesey: One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

OK, so I couldn't keep it down to ten after all. The order is arbitrary and has no bearing on preference, except in the case of The Lord of the Rings, which will likely remain my favourite book for as long as I continue to breathe.
Istvan diVega is offline   Reply With Quote