View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011, 02:14 PM   #75
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
[QUOTE=covfam;1828086]
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyluis View Post
But you're still restricted to the size of the SD card. How much do you REALLY need to carry around with you? Most people I would suspect not much.

i agree i see people on here having thousands of ebooks on thier devices wich to me is insane.. whats the point of having several years of books on a single devoce what will lot live long enough for you to read them all? i mean really even if you read a whiole book every day without fail it would take 3-4 years for people to actually read all the books. i let amazon cloud do all the heavy lifting and just keep around 10 books on my device and never have to worry about indexing issues or anything.
That's one I can answer. I keep my entire e-library on a chip (with backups). Why? I don't have a smart phone. I don't <want> one. I use a phone seldom, and don't see any reason to pay $50, $60, or even $70 a month for something I won't use much. My pay-as-you-go phone costs me around $9 a month. So for a $50 one-time charge, I got 5, 2 gb SD chips, one for use, the others for backups. I have the same library as I would on a cloud storage, but without having to find a WiFi hotspot or having to spend the monthly dollars I mentioned previously in order to be able to access it. Or having my reading habits being aggregated for some marketer's use at no compensation. Same number of e-books, just as accessable, only cheaper...

But I'm cheap. And I wasn't raised in the era of digital affluence. You mileage will vary...
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote