View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011, 02:07 PM   #73
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyluis View Post
Rooting/Jailbreaking to access the OS files is a different issue. Generally from what I hear is that Apple is so restrictive that you can't access anything other than what they tell you. As I've said several times, I have no problems accessing anything I want that's on my network. I don't want to mess with the OS, any OS. It works fine just the way it does.
You are missing the point. What is being told here is access to the onboard stuff like music and pictures. Unless you use itunes you can't update the contents, the file names are even garbled. On other devices supporting UMS you can drag and drop. That said, I believe the 4S is less restrictive in that you can use wifi to transfer files.
The fact you can access your NAS has nothing to do with the restriction discussed here.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote