View Single Post
Old 05-24-2005, 09:28 AM   #6
bookeen_lp
bookeen_lp began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook
Special Vision Version for the Cybook

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicsTeacher
I recently purchased a CyBook for my mother, who has macular degeneration and requires about 48 point type to read comfortably.

The UBook reader supports large type, up to 64 points, but it does not support digital rights management.

The Mobi reader does support DRM, but I can't figure out any way to change its built-in font sizes, which seem to max out at around 16 or 18 points.

Am I overlooking something here?

Bob

P.S. Other than this issue, the CyBook has put a big smile on my mother's face! Now she can read in her favorite easy chair, or at the hair dresser's. This is a woman who has always avoided computers completely, even bank ATMs, and she was comfortably reading her CyBook the same day she received it.
Dear Bob,

We are very happy to learn about your feedback on the Cybook and your mother.

We have developed an additional Cybook version of "Mobipocket Reader" with large and even very large characters (internal code name: "Mobipocket Vision") as well as larger icons. Please get in touch with us at <contact@bookeen.com> so we can send you the procedure to install this special version on your Cybook.

For Cybook related messages, a Cybook Yahoo Group was recently created at <groups.yahoo.com/group/cybook/>.

All the best,
Laurent
bookeen_lp is offline   Reply With Quote