View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 12:34 AM   #6
toddos
Guru
toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nokia Lumia 920 (Freda)
When I upgraded my 3GS to iOS 4, I lost 3G data and visual voicemail but wifi still worked. Apple and AT&T's official "fix" was to downgrade to 3.1.3, but the internet came through with a solution that involved taking a backup, deleting a specific file from the backup (bad APN settings?), restoring the phone to factory with iOS 4, and then restoring the backup minus the removed file. After that, all of my apps and data were back intact, my phone was on iOS 4, and 3G cellular data and VVM were back.

I'm pretty sure the problem was related to having previously jailbroke 3.1.3 using Spirit, so if you've never jailbroken your phone it should just work. If you have, it may break in different ways. Now I'm waiting for the new Spirit userland jailbreak for iOS 4.
toddos is offline   Reply With Quote