View Single Post
Old 12-22-2007, 04:08 PM   #19
cmbs
non-believer
cmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook Gen 3, JetBook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I've had a very useful day today; I've figured out how to create a "proper" MobiPocket format book (using the free "MobiPocket Creator" tool), using a BD-generated book at the starting point. I've posted a new version of "Bleak House" as my first example of this.

Once I figured out how to do it, it's pretty straightforward. I'd guess that, given a nice book in BD, one can have a Mobi version created with about 10 minutes work.

Anyone interested in a tutorial about how to do it?

The benefits of a proper Mobi version are many:

- Proper metadata in the file for author, title, category, etc, so it shows up properly in the library of a Mobi device.

- Full-sized cover image and pictures within the book (BD shrinks them down to tiny images).

- Centred text for titles, etc. (it all comes out left-aligned with a BD book).

- Proper "table of contents" link in the reading device.

etc etc.

I'm feeling very pleased with myself about this! I can now, finally, create illustrated MobiPocket books which as as nice as those I've created previously for the Sony Reader.
nice.
cmbs is offline   Reply With Quote