View Single Post
Old 09-06-2019, 10:23 AM   #4
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, and NookColor. 2 Droid, 1 Win8 ePUB rdrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayvon View Post
Thank you Hitch for taking the time to answer my question. I started with a 816X612 and decided for simplicity to change the ratio to 980X 612, in this way I eliminated the need for any adjustments to the content. That is a 1:1.6 ratio and it looks fine on the previewer in Kindle Create. I am a bit confused however with the 1024X600 ratio mentioned in your note as it is 1:1.7 ratio. in any case, I believe I am all set. please let me know if I am missing something. Thank you again.
Hi:

Nope, just another one of those wee quirks with Amazon; some Fires are 1:1.6, some are 1:1.7 aspect ratio. :-) Either--the 1.6 or 1.7--will work fine on 99% of the devices, so you're good.

I do want to say--not to upset you--that making your file so small in dimension may not be exactly what you want to do. Setting the sizes that way isn't going to give you much in the way of zoom, for readability or closer viewing.

Perhaps you could consider 1960x1224? So that your customers can get a bit of zoom? And what happens if they buy that and open it on a Fire 10? A Fire 10" has 1920x1200 pixels in the base screen rez, and that's un-zoomed. What happens when Suzie Q buys it, zooms it, and it's already at 2x on her base display? Before being zoomed? Isn't that gonna get a bit blurry?

Just a suggestion.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote