View Single Post
Old 06-18-2019, 09:51 AM   #5
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPhone XR, iPad Pro 9.7, Alexa Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
So, turn off your wifi router, or tell your phone to forget that network.

I went through the same issue that you went through, cable goes down, the only internet is on my phone and I want to stream the ball game and that was my solution. It worked fine.
I’ll try telling the phone to forget my WiFi network next time. I don’t want to turn off the router because I need it for the surveillance cameras. Fortunately this morning I finally have my landline internet again. Two nights of watching TV on a phone sucked! Thankfully I have cloud DVR so I will be able to catch up with the shows I missed on Hulu Live TV.

Now I have to work on getting T-Mobile to fix my LTE speed. They told me I should be getting between 7-40 Mbps speed, but I was getting at most about 2.5 Mbps and sometimes less than 1 Mbps, none of which was fast enough to stream HDTV. I tried streaming to my MacBook Pro via hotspot yesterday and it would only do SDTV which looked too fuzzy to watch. Thankfully SDTV looked okay on my iPhone though.

Thankfully this is rare. This was the first time I lost my internet for more than an hour or two. But we had three tornados in the metro area Sunday and some bad straight-line winds, so I guess it wreaked havoc all around on power, cable, and internet lines. T-Mobile claimed my slow speed was due to tower damage so hopefully they will get it fixed too.
OtinG is offline   Reply With Quote