View Single Post
Old 01-30-2017, 05:05 PM   #967
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Identifier Manager

This would probably do well integrated with Quality Check or job spy.

Being able to check and change all the current identifiers would be so helpful in making sure books are consistent across libraries.

I may be mistaken, but it seems like changing the identifiers in a book is next to impossible without scrapping the whole line.

Right now, for a suspected reason (requesting mobi-asin numbers for non-mobi books) I have a Jim Butcher title with an mobi-asin:

Title: Proven Guilty
Authors: Jim Butcher
Formats: MOBI
Mobi Asin: 28ca63c6-7642-42b5-bce7-06c1daf57325

This is obviously not the correct mobi-asin.

Being able to go through and locate obviously wrong, or missing identifiers as well as having the ability to remove/or replace them would be so helpful in identifying duplicates within libraries, as well as simply having properly identified books.

It seems that each metadata source uses the same specialized format for their identifiers, and some standard identifiers are the same across the board (isbn, mobi-asin)so a plug in that is able to recognize when an identifier is incorrect based on that doesn't seem too difficult.

For checking to see if there are missing identifiers, having the plugin set to show books with or without specific identifiers is much easier than going to the identifier list on the browser bar. Dealing with that is hit or miss on good days and a waste of time on others. I can't tell you how many times I look to see if there are any books with a single specific format and get books that have not only other formats, but the actual format I was searching for wasn't even listed (and yes it was a "minus" and not a "check" so I must be doing something wrong)

Merging it with a current plugin (quality check, duplicate finder, for example) and allowing the automating keying of identifiers (for the details page) as well as allowing the identifiers to be seen, removed, or replaced outside the actual metadata box (perhaps like tags are shown) would be so helpful in many areas of library management.

So the general request would be

Recognizing incorrect, or missing identifiers

Being able to see all identifiers in metadata edit, or other field similar to the way Calibre uses already for tags in metadata fields (with only removing identifiers)

Being able to add any identifier via clipboard and not just isbn

Being able to automatically key identifiers to show in details pane.

I guess thats pretty much it.

If this feature is already around, I would love to know.

Last edited by Rellwood; 01-30-2017 at 05:08 PM. Reason: I am such a dolt. Didn't see your reply @BetterRed. Although I still would like the identification or missing or invalid
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote