View Single Post
Old 04-27-2008, 07:28 PM   #3
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
BTW, BD doesn't know how to create a 16 grayscale image for the 1150 as it only produces B & W dithered images (as used on the REB 1100)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
hm, interesting... can bd create a text .imp for 1150 ? if so, couldn't you just leave the images in color but generate the correct format ? it can't display colors, but maybe they would be translated to grey scale by the device itself (or the viewer) ?
Sorry, I put the most important answer to your question in small print in my original post. It should have been in larger print!

My remaining gripe with BD is that it cannot generate 16 grayscale images for the EBW 1150; only B & W grainy ones (that it uses for the REB 1100). This means that any 1150 .imp produced by BD will only have these grainy images. Check some of the covers of the .imp ebooks in the upload section.

Usually .prc ebooks have full colour images for covers and such. This is why I like to use Mobi2IMP to convert .prc to .imp since the 16 grayscale images are retained.

BTW, BD does retain all colour for the REB 1200 .imp it creates!

Last edited by nrapallo; 04-27-2008 at 07:59 PM. Reason: fixing typos
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote