View Single Post
Old 10-15-2017, 06:33 AM   #1
lehbaurd
lehbaurd began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Deleting unwanted homescreen thumbnails after updating Voyage

Hope someone can help me.

My Voyage was only ever connected to the internet when I originally registered it when the model first came out.

I like to control as far as possible what is on the device so books have always been sideloaded. I was seduced by the features in the 5.8.11 firmware and "upgraded" but have encountered a issue.

The home screen now shows thumbnails for books that I have previously deleted (which was not the case before) and there is no option to remove them that I can find - only to download them again to the device.

I've tried the following:

1. Turned off Whispersync and automatic updates in my Amazon account then downloaded the book. Turned on Airplane mode on Kindle. Deleted the book. Result: thumbnail still there.

2. Reset the Voyage. However it syncs to the Amazon account and I am left with the thumbnails and deleting the books after download does not remove them.

Am I missing something? Is there a way of registering the Kindle and avoiding the syncing? Or of completely removing the book after download and leaving no thumbnail?

I know that I could delete the content on my Amazon account but that seems extremely drastic for such a simple task.
lehbaurd is offline   Reply With Quote