Old 09-25-2009, 07:57 AM   #2
Groen
eReader
Groen began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarikan View Post
Dear all,
I've just come across a very annoying problem after updating to 1.7. Before 1.7, when I did annotations, the page used to become grainy, with little dots, and it was not such a problem.
Now when I start drawing over documents, the whole shades of black fade to grey quite quickly, and the document becomes hard to read as a result.
I regret having performed the update, and I'd appreciate your response if you know how to downgrade. I don't want to sent it to Irex which would take weeks again, I was fine with 1.5, and this is obviously a software issue.

Best regards
Seref
So far, I did not notice it has gotten worse than in previous versions. I have not bothered about it so far. Only when I really scribble a lot (densely filling a blank sheet with writing) I do bother. In that case I usually open and close the menu to refresh the screen. However, doing that too often might become bothersome.

If you want to downgrade, download an older version of the firmware from http://updates.irexnet.com/embedded/dr1000/. Extract it to your SD-card, insert it in your reader and boot up.

Groen
Groen is offline   Reply With Quote