View Single Post
Old 10-18-2017, 10:17 AM   #1539
ReaLx3m
Groupie
ReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura One, Pocketbook Inkpad 3 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerinnyc View Post
With the larger width of the Aura One, the four choices for tap zones are not sufficient for those of us who like to tap instead of swipe to change pages. Choices 2 and 3 (reading left to right in settings) have a back page column width that is way too wide to skip over with your thumb if you're holding the reader one-handed on that side; Choice 4 has a page forward bottom third of the screen that is way too low and small for my thumb to easily reach it (it should be at least the bottom two-thirds of the screen). I would ideally like a Choice 5 that is like Choice 1, except that all tap zones, save for bringing up options, are page forward (i.e., you only get to page back by swiping). See attached lousy sketch.

Now that Kobo, in the latest firmware, gives us the choice to choose swiping only or both tapping and swiping, I would love it if they went this one step further. Or, at minimum, significantly decreased the page back column widths in Choices 2 and 3.
Absolutely agree, not satisfied with the current choices.
As i frequently change hands, the only tap page turn option i find usable is the number 4.But its lackluster too.Naturally the thumb is about the middle of the reader(where the setting are in option 4) and i often have to reposition my hand to do a page turn and at times i accidentally activate settings.
The option you proposed seems logical, as i would suppose back is very rarely used and its mainly forward with the device of this kind. I would add small change though, by dedicating a small strip on the very bottom or top(ideally both choices) for going back(with the middle being settings).Attached pic to be clear what im talking about.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kobo Page Controls.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	9.8 KB
ID:	159522  
ReaLx3m is offline   Reply With Quote