View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014, 01:58 PM   #3
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
i switched from 650 to t3 & have to say I did not ntoice any difference in line spacing. Have you checked that there is no explicit spacing in your test book.
T3 has about 7 fonts built in, though I only really like the original one.
Some retail/library books will not switch font though, unless you tweak them to remove specific embedded settings.

you could do what you want with the 650 but only if you installed the custom prs+ firmware. I am pretty sure the sony firmware did not allow any of those extras.

There is no custom firmware for T3, not yet anyway, so if those things are important to you ( and you don't want to have to DIY tweak each book) then another make of device could be the way to go.

hyphenation can be fixed, book by book - see my other threads
I found your hyphenation post, the solution worked. I think the line spacing changes depending on what font I'm using. (at least that's how it seems when I view the ebook on the T3) I also found out yesterday I was still using the Sony PRS-650 conversion profile instead of the T3. I don't know what difference it makes? But the profile says there is a difference in the amount of pixels on the screen.

The ebooks I make don't have line height specified.

The 650 font was okay, this is the first time I'm seriously looking for a font that will require the least amount of work in changing all my conversion settings.

My current test is to take the same story and embed the different fonts (no other changes to the css) and see what it looks like on the device, depending on the font the lines seems closer than others.
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote