View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 09:04 PM   #49
zamana
Zealot
zamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Kindles: Touch, PW1, Voyage
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
I don't understand. You are saying e-reader devices only exist because there was a lot of e-reading people before? If that is what you try to imply, that probably is far from the truth. A lot e-readers have been bought by voracious paper-reading people. The convenience of carrying dozens of books with you in a form-factor that weighs less than mosts books is appealing. Never to run out on the go, or deciding to lug around the current and next book, does not need to be decided no more.

Before e-ink e-readers I never seriously considered e-reading novels, even though I did try to read on a Palm M105. The experience of it and frequent crashes were not for me. Experience first on a PRS-300, then shortly on a Odyssey (until its usb-connector broke off) and now on a PW is much much better.
I agree with you.

My post was just to show one of the arguments that people use when they want to say something against the e-reader culture.

Peace.
zamana is offline   Reply With Quote