View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 03:24 PM   #1
mano42
mano42 is a marvel to beholdmano42 is a marvel to beholdmano42 is a marvel to beholdmano42 is a marvel to beholdmano42 is a marvel to beholdmano42 is a marvel to beholdmano42 is a marvel to beholdmano42 is a marvel to beholdmano42 is a marvel to beholdmano42 is a marvel to beholdmano42 is a marvel to behold

Device: k3, k4, k5, pw
Help, my Paperwhite goes directly to screensaver

Hello there

My PW has some strange issue since yesterday, I cannot take out from the screensaver mode.

I reset it by holding the power button for 15 seconds, it boots normally, than it enters directly to screensaver mode.

If I connect it to the PC, it connects normally as a usb drive, I can see the whole content of it, even the screen changes to (USB DRIVE MODE).

When I disconnect it, the main screen appears for a second, than before I can make anything, the screensaver appears again, and that's it.

The strange thing is I have a PW with special offers, so I didn't saw a "normal" screensaver on it before, just the comercials, but since this happening, I can see the normal screensaver as on K4.

I never tried any jailbreak or something on it before, so it has a life on it's own.

I cannot send it back to Amazon, because I was bothered by light bleeding, so I unglued the top mask, and fixed the lights issue (I am electrician), but I left a mark when I was opening it. So anyway, the kindle worked well after the light fix, but I cannot send it back to them.

How can I make a real hard reset, I mean returning it to factory settings? Pressing the power key more than a minute didn't helped at all...
mano42 is offline   Reply With Quote