View Single Post
Old 05-01-2019, 04:14 PM   #1251
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
It's not the mobi format in general that's the problem. It's the extra bits that dictionaries use. There's always been issues with infections and such. I'm not the expert there, so I can't really say what the trouble is with mobi-dictionaries.

You might try calibre. I don't know if it will do any better on dictionaries.

But more than likely, anything that claims to convert/unpack mobi files/dictionaries is probably based on calibre or KindleUnpack code (and thus the same limitations). And a lot of the mobi stuff in KindleUnpack was ported from the older Perl-based Mobiperl project. Somebody blasts though every now and again with high hopes of creating a C/C++ or C# version, but I'm not sure if anyone has a fully-functional alternative yet.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 05-01-2019 at 04:17 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote