View Single Post
Old 04-05-2018, 07:48 PM   #13
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
Does anyone know what the usual practice is in paying narrators, whether or not actors? I would not be surprised at all to find that such narrators receive a once-off payment for their work and do not share in the Copyright at all.

Edit: Well, a quick search and I've answered my own question. A narrator who does work for several publishers and Audible writes:

Quote:
I'm not paid in royalties (well, not most of the time). Most narrators prefer to work on a pay-for-production basis. Once I'm done with the project I won't get anything from it.

Some projects are royalty share, but unless there's going to be stratospheric sales numbers, they're almost never worth it, sadly.
He also said he made less than he did in a previous career in IT.

This is from a Reddit where he answers questions about his profession. It makes for interesting reading:

Reddit Q&A

Last edited by darryl; 04-05-2018 at 08:05 PM.
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote