View Single Post
Old 06-07-2010, 02:18 PM   #1
RobbieS
RobbieS began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Exclamation Frustrating Calibre pdf to epub (iPad) problem

I have searched the forums but I can not find what I am looking for so I apologize if this has been already posted and discussed. I am currently using Calibre version 0.7.1, the most up-to-date converter. I am trying to convert several pdf files to epub files to add to my iPad iBook app. However, EVERY pdf I convert for some reason flips the epub converted file upside down. There are no images- just pages with words. I have no idea what I am doing wrong, but it is extremely frustrating
So, I decided to use Mac preview and flip the pdf upside down, save, and then use this reversed file hoping Calibre would continue with its habit and flip it right side up- but it is still upside down. Why is it that no mater what direction the pdf is originaly in- it continues to flip the epub file upside down?! At this point I know I can just rotate the iPad, but I would rather have it the correct way.
I am using:
MacBookPro4,1
snow leopard v10.6.3
2.4 ghz, Intel Core 2 Duo

Should I try another program because this has a bug? and if so, could one be recommended? or is it just a stupid simple mistake (like a missed check mark somewhere)
Again, I am sorry if this is an annoying/repeated post- but I would appreciate all and any help that someone may be able to offer me. (I am sure some of you are reading this and would love to make a comment about my 'stupid' problem- but please, if someone can point m in the right direction i would be extremely grateful! I am sure that after all these attempts someone can relate to my frustration.
for any and all help in advance!
Sincerely, Robbie
RobbieS is offline   Reply With Quote