View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 11:06 PM   #7
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
I have a Pocketbook 360 and a PRS-600. The Pocketbook screen is not too small for me. I actually think I enjoy it the most of all my ereaders, because it is the easiest to carry around and read one-handed. But it is also my newest reader, so is my current shiniest toy.

I initially missed the touch screen, but I really don't anymore. Since you can rotate the Pocketbook 360, you can have the controls where ever you want them. I use it "upside-down" because I like using my left hand to turn the pages. The only thing I really miss from the Sony is a decent dictionary. I installed one of the dictionaries I found on their website (Webster 1913) but it is really crappy. The Sony dictionary is far superior.

The Pocketbook is way more customizable than the Sony or the Kindles I had prior. I was able to set FBreader as my default for epubs instead of the crappy ADE. This gives you much more control over how your books appear.

I still love my Sony as well, and I don't think you'd be unhappy with either one. The one thing better on the Sony is the displayed list of books, because you can go to all books beginning with "P" or all authors beginning with "T". This might not seem like a big deal, but I have over 1200 books on my reader, so scrolling through them all with the Pocketbook is a bit of a chore.

Sony's Collections feature is superior too. Pocketbook lets you organize everything in folders, but each copy of a book can only be in 1 folder. If you want it in multiple folders, you have to have multiple copies on the reader. Sony's organizations is based on tags -- you specify tags for a book, as many as you want per book, and each tag puts that one copy of the book into a different collection. So the same copy of a book can be in a collection of Joe Author's books, science fiction books, books of the Cool Series series, etc.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote