View Single Post
Old 02-19-2009, 06:17 PM   #14
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
The strange thing is that it is not all of Windows that is slowing down. Apps that are already running are fine. It is just when I try to copy/paste files between Explorer Windows while Calibre is adding books the Explorer windows involved in the copy/paste seem to hang.
This probably has to do with your file system / disk speed.

Are you running a virus software? If so, exclude your calibre folder from on-access scan.

Also, I turn my recycle bin off... it makes a big difference when moving/deleting files in explorer. But, yes you can't recover files.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote