View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 11:29 PM   #98
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by covingtoncat73 View Post
Also, I am concerned about the longevity of my eBooks. I doubt that my nephew and niece will be able to read my eBooks in 20 years whereas I have a couple of my great-grandmother's books and can read the ones that aren't in German.
That is a perfect argument against DRM and one of the reasons that many people break the DRM on the books they buy. If some new format comes along in 10 or 20 years, there will be a way to convert the books you've already purchased without having to rely on the company you purchased it from to still be around.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote