View Single Post
Old 05-06-2011, 04:37 PM   #23
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
...if I delete a book from Sony650 then reconnect to calibre - I'd like the calibre plug in to remove that associated cover from the screen saver set, and when I add books via calibre, for the covers to be automatically added( if I'm within the 15 book limit) - will that be possible at some point ?
Wouldn't this be a bit dangerous? Some users use their reader as a library and send hundreds (thousands?) of books at a time. In addition, I think this may require the (pretty simple) copy cover code to be built into the main calibre code for the Sony device driver. I'm not sure that Kovid is currently interested in fully incorporating this kind of niche cosmetic feature. It's also way beyond my coding capabilities Nevertheless, when the dust settles from the release of calibre 0.8, I could contact developer chaley (the expert on all Sony matters) to see if he has any ideas on whether it could be done more simply. I have, so far, avoided doing anything which involves editing the Sony database files on the reader in case I do more harm than good. I may decide to stick to that decision as I'm not a developer, I'm a housewife with a bit of a coding hobby and a few ereaders!

Quote:
Ultimately, I'd like the Sony, when it goes to sleep mode. to use the only cover of the book that I was last reading. that's if is sleeps while in a book, if it sleeps while on main menu than it should cycle all available covers.
I'm pretty sure that detecting how you'd entered sleep mode would require additions to the Sony firmware rather than calibre. Definitely out of my scope. You could try asking kartu, the PRSPlus custom firmware developer, whether such a thing is doable.

Quote:
finally, please consider upping the 15 book limit to say 50 - there's oodles of space on the sony drive!
Well, at least I can give a more positive reply on this one It is easy enough to change the max limit. I didn't want to be responsible for people clogging up their device particularly if they inadvertantly selected copy cover whilst having hundreds of books highlighted. I thought I'd start conservatively and wait to see if I got requests to increase it. Congratulations on being the first!

Out of interest, how many images have you typically been using when you choose to cycle? Although there doesn't appear to be a technical limit on the Sony, I wondered whether there was a practical limit.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote