View Single Post
Old 04-13-2007, 01:37 AM   #1
pitolee
Connoisseur
pitolee began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader
Unhappy Book Designer Sounds & Page Breaks

First of all... I do love Book Designer. Thanks for all the hard work.

1. The sound used for all BD feedback seemed quite annoying - always the same gunshot sound - so I turned it off. When I went to the program directories to see if i could change it for something gentler I was surprised to find a whole selection of sounds next to the irksome GUNSHOT.WAV. What am I doing wrong that BD is only playing the gunshot and not the "pretty" sounds?

2. I've tried without success to make custom page breaks in BD. Sometimes they work and sometimes not. I have tried with user page breaks checked and unchecked.

I advance to where i want to insert the break and click on one of the three BR buttons on the Corrector menu sidebar. Usually break before the selected paragraph. Sometimes it works but sometimes it doesn't.

I'm new to BD so it may just be me...

A related issue is that there seems to normally be a pagebreak before every title. When I tried to generate a page break by using a second title within two paragraphs of the first, it did not make the automatic page break.

These are small issues, but I'd like to find out what im doing wrong, as I will be using BD quite a bit in the months ahead...

Thanks
pitolee is offline   Reply With Quote