View Single Post
Old 10-31-2009, 08:22 PM   #9
jyavenard
Zealot
jyavenard has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jyavenard has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jyavenard has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jyavenard has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushka View Post
Thanks for that response. I do not consider myself a novice PC user so I dont appreciate comments like yours!
You mean like how do I unzip and download a bin file ?

Quote:
And wasnt it only yesterday you realised that the instructions for the Kindle 2 did not work for the International version anyway? And this was after others were telling you of their problems.
??
I had been trying to load binaries on a kindle 2 international from the day I received it...

And BTW, because history seems to have been changed. I had used a tar trick from before I ever knew it got mentioned here... I wish I did, it would have saved me the better part of the day

Quote:
somewhere I left a long time ago. I have zipped and unzipped many files in my lifetime but have never experienced this issue before.
Thanks. I wont bother you again.
A .bin file isn't a zipped file !
you copy it on the Kindle using the USB cable FFS.
When you plug your Kindle to your PC it it mounted as appear as a USB disk. You copy the bin file WITHOUT UNZIPPING IT to that directory. Then you eject the Kindle (do not use "safely remove that hardware" ; go in the Kindle Settings page and select "Upgrade ..."

But yeah... happy unzipping... O your highly PC expert...

Last edited by jyavenard; 10-31-2009 at 08:26 PM.
jyavenard is offline   Reply With Quote