View Single Post
Old 03-14-2007, 06:00 AM   #33
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by simple dave
Also I read here on the forum conflicting opinions whether pdf books take more time to turn the pages. If it's true, does it has anything to do with the book size? because unlike what I read here, the rtf and the my resulting pdf are pretty much the same size .
If you use the default fonts when you prepare PDF using Sony instructions, then turning pages is as quick as RTF/LRF, however, if you use different fonts...like I did when I made sony style PDF from Russian RTF book, turning pages became a problem. 2-3 seconds. It was the same for me all over the book. Some people say that you learn the pre-emptive page turning. When there are only 1-2 lines left to read on the page you hit the "turn page" button, so it turns when you finish the page. I didn't like it, but I didn't read any books like that as well. I just experimented a bit. Probably if you have no choice (like me, if I want to read a book in Russian), then you get used to it in a while.
If I were you, I would stick to LRF files made by BD from RTF or HTML files. The best books so far.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote