View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013, 02:03 AM   #4
MarekGibek
Zealot
MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kobo Touch N905C
Thanks for reply!

Quote:
A little problem: Aura doesn't have an internal SD card.
Oh, I see. But it is still possible to read flash memory if only the telnet can be enabled (does the trick with KoboRoot.tgz work?). By executing following "dd" command:

Code:
dd if=/dev/mmcblk0 of=output.raw bs=1024 count=16384
(note that the name of the device may be different) and then retrieving the file through ftp.

Quote:
This could be secondary, however I've read that a problem of "regal" is that it needs extensive calibration at factory. So I don't think this is feasible...
That's interesting. But If I had waveform data from a few people:
  • I could tell which bytes differ and need to be twicked in the callibration process - making it possible to play with them yourself (with a hex editor) - I don't dare to say "write our own callibration program" but people here are so creative that everything can happen
  • Even without callibration - having a few different samples makes it possible to try all of them and choose the one that works best for you
MarekGibek is offline   Reply With Quote