View Single Post
Old 05-29-2011, 05:19 PM   #77
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by belden View Post
Here's something I noticed. As was previously mentioned, the ads for deals at Amazon usually change every four days. When I clicked (and I am still seeing it now) on the offer for $5 from purchasing Kindle Singles it says it has to be redeemed by June 2nd, which would be four days from when the offer became available. This is on the details page with the link to 'Email Me This Offer' on my Kindle. However the link posted above with the details on Amazon's site gives the date it must be redeemed by as June 15th, and on my Kindle when I click the 'View Special Offers' option under the menu, the text under the 'Spend $5 on Kindle Singles and get a $5 Amazon.com Gift Card' ALSO says "Claim this offer by June 15, 2011".
Here's how it works:
  • the page on the KSO says you have to claim the offer before the end of 02 Jun
  • claiming means clicking on the link to have an email sent to you (usually with a promo code)
  • claiming is NOT the same as redeeming
  • claiming deadlines are generally 4 days after the offer first appears
  • getting this email means you have officially claimed the offer
  • you then have until the end of 15 Jun to redeem this offer
For offers without promo codes (like the current one), I'm not sure if claiming deadlines really matter.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote